Our parish began on December 18th, 1904, when a group of Scandinavian Lutherans met in the farm home of Henry Baker, two miles south of Tioga. They named the church Tioga Norwegian Evangelical Lutheran and adopted a constitution recommended by the Norwegian Synod. Later, some members formed the Benson Valley Congregation which is now Trinity. And in about 1920, Tioga Norwegian changed its name to First Lutheran Church.
There have been many changes since the churches were first established. 100 year celebrations in 2004 and 2007 were reminders of the determination of our congregations to serve and worship God in the Tioga area, and ofGod's faithfulness in this place.
Faith is more than what happens on Sunday mornings. It's a part of who we are, inside and out. At First Lutheran and Trinity, we believe in sharing the joy of the gospels daily, and living a life that embodies the spirit of Christ.
congregation of faith
First Lutheran Church | Tioga ND 58852 | 701-664-2824